The TGCA is pleased to offer use of its facilities and amenities to the general public, but members of our association take priority in many cases.
Community associations have the unique ability to mobilize, support, and interact with their residents to improve neighbourhood life in Calgary. Every day, they make significant contributions to the health, well-being, and quality of life in your community.
Registered in 1956, the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association celebrated its 65th Anniversary in September 2021. Over the years, the membership has worked hard to build one of the largest community centres of its kind in Calgary. Today, the centre is primarily used for recreational, cultural and social activities, such as weddings, seminars, religious celebrations, children’s programs, and seasonal community events.
The TGCA is pleased to keep our members informed on issues and topics that affect you and your neighbours, through the weekly e-newsletter, the community news page on our site, and social media. The board of the TGCA is active throughout the community in civic and infrastructure matters that affect residents directly.
Membership with the TGCA is one of the main ways that you can support the community, keep property values stable and ensure that we have somewhere to meet and gather.
What you can expect
Membership begins that day you purchase or renew and you can look forward to these benefits:
- Opportunity to work at community bingos for program subsidies
- Reduced hall rental rates for family functions
- Exclusive offers from our Business Membership Partners
- Members-only skating times, free skating at public skate times
- Discounted bowling and racquetball
- Access to our twice yearly racquetball league
- Discounted fitness program rates
- Discounted TGCA children’s event tickets
- Resident members are entitled to attend general board meetings, vote at TGCA annual general meetings, and run for a position on the board of directors or nominate a fellow member
- Access to the TGCA scholarship for those who have been members for over 2 years
Who does it include?
Your membership includes yourself, your partner/spouse, and any dependents/children that you have in your care-children and parents in the household over 18 years of age are required to have their own membership.
What’s in the online account?
The membership begins the day you join or renew, and you will receive a secure account on www.tgcacalgary.com which allows you to:
- Renew your membership
- Register for programs with membership discount
- Buy tickets to TGCA events, and receive membership ticket prices
- Book bowling lanes and racquetball courts at member prices
- Register for bingo shifts in our youth program fee assistance initiative
- Change your membership profile information, like address or email
- Print your membership card
- See your TGCA bookings and orders
Our membership fees are structured to enable Calgarians of all stripes to enjoy the facilities and benefits of becoming a member at the TGCA, but those who live in the Thorncliffe Greenview area receive priority pricing in accordance with our mandate as a community association.
We have a 1-year and a 3-year-membership (a 50% savings) for those who live in the community. To those outside of our bounds we offer a 1-year membership.
(Resident of Thorncliffe Greenview)
(Lives outside of Thorncliffe Greenview)
|All prices subject to GST|