Recreation: The TGCA Campground
Campground information & booking
The campground now has 5 sites and booking for the 2023 season is now open!
Are you a member? TGCA Campground is available to you! Get the clan together and have some laughs in the Albertan foothills this season.
The campground resulted from a partnership between the 58th Scouts (our designated scout group) and the community association in 1990, and the Scouts still use the area today for outings. It’s a great area for RVs and many people tent there too.
The TGCA Water Valley Campground is located 45 minutes NW of Calgary, and is the perfect place to host a reunion, party or just plain kick back and relax. Located near Winchell Lake.
There are now 5 sites available at the campground, and you can rent 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
If you’d like to rent the site for an extended period, please check the availability and contact the office to get a rental rate.
The camp sites are available for all TCGA members on a first come first serve basis, so book yours well in advance or you may be disappointed.
All renters must abide these rules and conditions, or risk the good standing of their TGCA membership.
Please note: there is no electricity or running water at this site & the campground is available to members only.
Rental structure of the 5 sites
Rent 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 sites in the following ways:
Weekends (Friday – Sunday) are reserved for 3 day bookings of either 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 sites, and single day bookings can be made for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Your check-in time (time of day you get access to the site) is 3 pm on the first day and checkout is 2 pm on the last day of your booking.
Click below to book your site - opens Feb. 21 at 8 am
Campground rental rates | GST added at checkout
Number of sites
All weekend rental (Fri, Sat, Sun)
One day rental (Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs)
$150 ($30/site, best value!)
Access to the site
In order to get into your booked site you must have keys. Keys are to be picked up the day before your booking and dropped off the day after.
You can pick up your keys to the site when you’ve received your order payment confirmation. Please call 403-274-6840 ext. 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange key pick up between the hours of 9 am – 3 pm, Monday – Friday – excluding stat holidays.
Click on the map below to open in Google Maps
Rules, conditions & obligations of use
- No cutting, damaging, or vandalizing of live trees and vegetation.
- Site renters are expected to abide by and follow ALL fire bans when in effect, and are responsible for checking if there are any in place.
- ALL garbage and empty bottles to be collected and removed from the site.
- No hunting or firearms allowed, including BB guns and C02 propelled guns.
- No removal of firewood from site.
- Quiet time between 11 pm and 7 am (respect our neighbours).
- No dumping of trailer holding systems on site (Dumping station at Crossfield).
- Please keep washrooms clean. (Lids down and pour approx. 1 cup of lime down the hole after weekend use.)
- Bring adequate amount of drinking water.
- Group booked into site has use of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 site(s) for the time period and number of sites booked. Booking one site doesn’t give you access to all 5, and others may be coming to make use of the site while you are there.
- Please report all problems, items requiring repair or damage to site facilities found upon your arrival at the site.
- No ATVS, dirt bikes or other motor sport vehicles.
- Online booking cancellation policy: no refunds within 7 days of the first date of the booking in question. Given 8 days or more from the first day of your booking, a refund minus a 15% administration fee will be given. To receive your refund, you must contact Diana Christie, email@example.com