The TGCA, in association with The City of Calgary and The Calgary Drop-In Centre, will be hosting a Recycling and Cleanup Day on June 19, 2021 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Please assist your neighbors by offering your services if you can transport their recyclables, donations or trash.
Bring your recycling, yard waste, donations and garbage to the TGCA for disposal on Neighbour Day this year! Clean up your house, garage or yard; spruce up our community; and donate to a great cause, too! Please let others on your block know about the event. It’ll be a great opportunity to get to know your neighbours or check in with the ones you do and see if you can help them get some things to the cleanup event.
Available services on site:
- Waste (garbage) trucks will be available.
- Metal recycling will be available.
- Electronics recycling will be available. This includes small electronics, devices and small appliances.
- Compost truck will be available. Please ensure all compostable material is in brown paper compostable bags, see image. Plastic bags cannot be composted and any compost in plastic bags will have to go to the landfill in the waste trucks.
- The Drop-In Centre will be taking donations. See below.
Items NOT accepted are as follows:
- No tires.
- No old and unusable furniture or beds.
- No large appliances.
- No bicycles (except bike frames).
- No child car seats.
- No hazardous waste.
- No paint or spray cans.
- No concrete or bricks.
Items which ARE acceptable (covered loads are required):
- Household and yard waste.
- Organic materials for compost.
- Small electronics, devices and small appliances – for either recycling or donation.
- Metal of any type.
This year the Drop-in Centre will be on site accepting the following gently-used donations:
- Gently used furniture (items that can be put into a home).
- Gently used household goods.
- Gently used clothing.
- Gently used computers and electronics.
Entry & Exit
Entry to the event will be from the entrance on Centre Street and exit then on 56th Ave turning East or West. Upon arrival you will be directed by volunteers to ensure the flow of traffic and to make it easy for other visitors at the community centre. The easiest route would be North bound on Centre Street and then turning right into the front vehicle access driveway. This would then avoid a left hand turn off of Centre. See map on this page.
Respectful driving and behavior is expected from all participants.
Please note that for this event to be successful, there are a few COVID precautions and safety rules required by the City of Calgary and Alberta Health Services. Please wear a mask at all times while on community centre property including while in your vehicle. Unloading of your vehicle and trailer is your responsibility. Light lifting assistance can be provided by volunteers. Unsafe items as determined by City Waste will not be accepted.
To see the full list of requirements and precautions from the City of Calgary, click here.