Let’s clean up, Thorncliffe Greenview!
We are looking for volunteers for our TGCA Recycle/Cleanup Day on Neighbour Day, June 19, 2021. At this event area residents come to the community centre and bring various items that they’d like to either recycle or throw away. The event runs from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and our volunteers will be required to start at 8:15 am for set up and orientation and remain until 2:15 to take down and provide feedback about the day.
Volunteering is great way to meet people in your area and give back. It’s also proven to be a contributor to better quality of life and mental well-being for volunteers and the areas they volunteer in. If you haven’t contributed to an event like this one before, no worries. There will be an orientation and a role for everyone who’s interested!!
TGCA will provide the following to each volunteer:
- Water (please bring a refillable water jug for your use)
- High Vis vest (this is to be collected and returned to TGCA for future use)
- Disposable gloves (if required)
- Safety orientation and instructions
- Hand sanitizer
Volunteers are to provide the following for their use:
- Leather or cloth gloves
- Proper footwear (work boots are suggested)
- Water bottle (fillable)
- Lawn chair, if preferred
- Jacket, if required
- Rain gear, if required
- Please bring your own mask, if preferred
There will be parking available, but due to the busy day, if you can walk to the community centre that would be appreciated.
Types of duties may include:
- Traffic directing
- Light duty unloading assistance
- Vehicle greeting and identification
- Maintenance of signage
- Maintenance of pylons and barricades
- Relief duty of other volunteers.
- Vehicle positioning with orderly hold and release
- Have some community fun and comradery
- Pedestrian safety
Thank you so much for your interest in lending a hand at the cleanup event. If you would like to volunteer, please submit the form below.