Read the engagement report regarding the park design from The City here: https://engage.calgary.ca/40aveNEpark
Published Aug. 2021
Overview of pop-up park proposal and engagement opportunities for residents, via the City of Calgary:
We are enhancing City vacant land at Centre Street N and 40 Avenue N.E. to create a pop-up park for interim use. We have developed two design options for the park:
Park Design Option One:
• Add a fence around the pop-up park along with an accessible pathway that leads to a basketball court for multi-purpose recreation use surrounded by trees and benches.
• Includes a sheltered space with picnic tables for year-round use.
• The space can be used for recreation programming such as fitness, art and sports for all ages.
Park Design Option Two:
• Add a fence around the pop-up park along with an accessible pathway that leads to a community garden with planter beds, some of the beds can be used for accessible use.
• Add natural play elements, two covered swing benches and a mini library.
• The space can be used for recreation programming such as fitness, art and gardening workshops for all ages.
We are also implementing mobility improvements in the communities of Greenview, Greenview Industrial Park, Highland Park and Winston Heights / Mountview. We are making these enhancements to improve mobility for people who walk, wheel and drive and to complete the missing links in our transportation network.
Engagement opportunity to provide feedback
40 Avenue N.E. Park and Area Improvements will be hosting online engagement at engage.calgary.ca/40AveNEPark from August 3 – September 17, 2021. We also will be having virtual events to gather feedback on the design options and inform Calgarians on the mobility improvements.
The virtual events are on:
· Tuesday, August 17 from 12 – 1 p.m.: Learn about the mobility improvements
· Wednesday, August 18 from 12 – 1 p.m.: Have your say on the two park design options
Calgarians can sign up on engage.calgary.ca/40AveNEPark for the virtual events. For more information on this project and the engagement opportunity available, please see the attached Information toolkit.