Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association
Annual General Meeting
Monday, October 26th, 2020
Including the board members, there were 32 voting members in attendance and 2 guests.
Approval of Agenda
· Meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm.
MOTION: Sam Livingston moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded by Pat Saunders. Carried.
Approval of 2019 AGM Minutes
MOTION: Sandi Heglund put forward a motion to approve the minutes from the October 28th, 2019 AGM, seconded by Tammy Dundas. Carried.
Business Arising from the 2019 AGM Minutes
· Traffic calming barriers in Greenview will remain in place for now due to safety concerns.
· No City or Provincial reps were in attendance at the 2020 AGM due to COVID concerns.
· Leslie DeGagne introduced the Board members to the audience and thanked them for their dedication and hard work. She also thanked Diana, Melissa, Vanessa, Kevin and all the TGCA staff for their hard work and dedication, especially in the trying time of COVID.
· Brad Giddings reviewed the Treasurer’s report with those in attendance and then responded to questions. COVID has had a substantial impact on the financials leaving us in a negative position. However revenue is expected to pick up over the next year.
MOTION: Brad Giddings put forward a motion to approve the audited financial statements for the year ending June 30th, 2020, seconded by Stacey McDade. Carried.
MOTION: Brad Giddings put forward a motion to accept the Federation of Calgary Communities to be our auditor for the 2020/2021 year, seconded by Alison Abbott. Carried with 2 individuals abstaining and 1 against.
· TGCA applied for and received a grant of $125k to the end of September, $40k from the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, $5k from the province for PPE and $43k for fixed expenditures during the shutdown.
· Bingo is doing better averaging about 100 people per event. The arena is at 90% usage, daytime rentals are at about 65% and the restaurant usage is down due to COVID. The bowling alley is operational with the senior’s league at about 50% capacity. Racquetball has 27 participants. The hall rentals have taken a hit with the new restrictions. The gym has been rented 6 days a week for the kids by the Deerfoot United Soccer club.
· Kevin is working with the City on land reassignment for the Rain Garden and Community Garden.
· Kevin is also working on the Business Plan which must be submitted to the City by December 31, 2020.
· Leslie made note of the Director’s reports, asked the attendees to review and allowed for questions. Pat noted there was not much chance we would get a playground zone installed on Taylor as it didn’t rate a high enough number of safety points for installation.
New Business – Motions for Approval
MOTION: Alison Abbott set out a motion to keep the voting and non-voting member rights and privileges the same for the 2020 – 2021 year with the exception of voting at an association general meeting and the awarding of scholarships only open to voting members, seconded by Stacey McDade. Carried.
MOTION: Stacey McDade put forward a motion to keep the rate to purchase a TGCA voting membership the same for the 2020 – 2021 year at $15.00 per year plus gst or $30.00 for 3 years plus gst, seconded by Sandi Heglund. Carried with 2 individuals abstaining and no one against.
MOTION: Stacey McDade put forward a motion to reduce the rate for a non-voting membership to $15.00 per year plus gst to be implemented January 1, 2021, seconded by Sam Livingston. Carried with 2 people abstaining and 2 opposed. There will be a grandfathering of the membership for those that have already paid the previous $30 per year fee.
MOTION: Brad Giddings motioned to adjourn the 2020 Annual General Meeting at 7:50 pm, seconded by Alison Abbott. Carried.
· Vice Presidents (3)
· Directors at Large (up to 6)
· As there were no ballots required, there was not need to put forward a motion to destroy the ballots.