Terms and Conditions of Online Bowling Party Bookings at The TGCA Bowling Alley - updates Feb. 10, 2022
The Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association (TGCA) has implemented the following policies for all facility booking representatives and guests to adhere to while utilizing the 5-pin bowling alley.
Upon checking the “Terms and Conditions” box in the payment page, you are releasing the TGCA, Board of Directors and its employees from any liability due to Covid-19. Responsibility falls upon each person who enters the facility. All patrons who wish to enter the TGCA during the declared pandemic has the understanding of the increased risk of COVID-19. You will enter our building at your own risk. We encourage each group to pass on this information to its participants for review. TGCA has implemented the policies recommended by Alberta Health Services (AHS) to maintain safe operations.
If ANY COVID-19 symptoms are present in you or any of your guests, please inform them they are not to enter the building. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, FEVER, new onset of cough or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, chills, painful swallowing, stuffy nose, headache, muscle/joint ache, feeling unwell, fatigue, severe exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis (pink eye).
Vaccine QR Code No Longer Required for Entry – Feb. 9, 2022
On February 9, 2022, vaccination requirements for the Thorncliffe Greenview Community Association ended as the provincial government discontinued their vaccination passport program, known as REP.
TGCA staff, instructors and volunteers will no longer require the Alberta QR code for vaccination verification from our members and customers upon entry.
Masking mandates remain in place and visitors to any of our facilities are expected to wear one, unless they are eating, drinking or engaged in a physical activity. Beginning Feb. 14, 2022 children 12 and under are not required to wear a mask in the centre.
The TGCA thanks all of our members and guests for their ongoing patience and consideration of the health of those around them.
Parameters of your bowling party booking:
- Children must be supervised by parents/adults at all times while in the bowling alley/party room.
- Masks are to be worn in the lanes unless drinking a beverage.
- No food permitted in the bowling alley.
- No outside food or drink permitted in the alley; however snacks (chips, crackers) are permitted in the party room at bowling events.
- Please physically distance from all guests outside your party.
- Check in with the staff at The 56 restaurant & lounge 15 minutes before your party booking and they will give you your score sheets.
- Please refrain from changing your shoes until you have reached your lane.
- Due to current COVID restrictions, bowling parties are booked for one-hour time blocks in the lanes and then 1 hour in the party room for up to a maximum of 10 guests. Please note that if you have over 10 guests, we will also make a reservation in The 56 restaurant for all additional guests in groups of 10.
- Groups of 10 may not intermingle with other guests.
- When your hour of bowling is up, please proceed to the party room or reserved area of the restaurant.
- If you are using the party room, you may decorate the party room while bowling is taking place. All decorations must be removed and taken with your when your booking has ended.
- Parties will be assigned their lanes by The 56 staff.
- Bowlers are expected to remain in their lane and use the lanes assigned to them.
- Ensure that all trash, score cards are disposed of before leaving your designated lane.
- There is adequate room for parent guests in the bowling alley as well, however, if parents are on the lanes, they must wear bowling shoes.
Online cancellation policy:
You may cancel your bowling party two weeks or more ahead of the booked date with no penalty. If you cancel within two weeks, you will be given a refund to the card that you paid with less an admin fee of 15% from the total.
Lockdown contingency: If the province or the city announce new restrictions that force the cancellation of your bowling party, you will receive a full refund to the card that you paid with.