We are looking for volunteers for The TGCA Clean-up Day on May 28th, 2022. The event runs from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and our volunteers will be required to start at 8:15 am for set up and orientation and remain until 2:15 to take down and provide feedback about the day.
TGCA will provide the following to each volunteer:
• Water (please bring a refillable water jug for your use)
• High Vis vest (this is to be collected and returned to TGCA for future use)
• Disposable gloves (if required)
• Safety orientation and instructions
• Hand sanitizer
Volunteers are to provide the following for their use:
• Leather or cloth gloves
• Proper footwear (work boots are suggested)
• Water bottle (fillable)
• Lawn chair, if preferred
• Jacket, if required
• Rain gear, if required
There will be parking available, but due to the busy day, if you can walk to the community centre that would be appreciated.
Possible duties include:
• Traffic directing
• Light duty unloading assistance
• Vehicle greeting and identification
• Maintenance of signage
• Maintenance of pylons and barricades
• Relief duty of other volunteers
• Vehicle positioning with orderly hold and release
• Pedestrian safety
• Paper shredding station, part time
• Have some fun and enjoy the community comradery!
No child care available on site, so young children are to remain at home, please.
Volunteer will be expected to follow any COVID-19 restrictions in effect during the event. If you’d like to wear a mask or other PPE, you are more than welcome to.